Arizona Cardinals in Phoenix
The Arizona Cardinals professional football team is the oldest team in the NFL, and belongs to the Western Division of the league.
The team began in Chicago in 1898, moved to St. Louis and then relocated to Arizona in 1988.
Their home stadium is the newly built University of Phoenix Stadium in the suburb of Glendale.
The Arizona Cardinals has a strong winning team, with an NFL championship in 1947, five playoff victories, four division titles and an NFC Championship game, in 2008.
Notable team records include the following:
- Passing Yards: 34,639 Jim Hart (1966-1983)
- Passing Touchdowns: 209 Jim Hart (1966-1983)
- Rushing Yards: 7,999 Ottis Anderson (1979-1986)
- Receptions: 537 Anquan Boldin (2003-2009)
- Receiving Yards: 8,497 Roy Green (1979-1990)
- Pass Interceptions: 52 Larry Wilson (1960-1972)
- Field Goals Made: 282 Jim Bakken (1962-1978)
- Points: 1,380 Jim Bakken (1962-1978)
- Total Touchdowns: 70 Roy Green (1979-1990)
- Punt Return Average: 13.7 Charley Trippi (1947-1955)
- Kickoff Return Average: 28.5 Ollie Matson (1952, 1954-1958)
- Punting Average: 44.9 Jerry Norton (1959-1961)
- Sacks: 66.5 Freddie Joe Nunn (1985-1993)